Thursday, July 30, 2009

Record City


Record City is the fourth and final record shop I hit on my digging trip in San Diego. The selection here is flat out amazing--especially the dollar bins, which are one of my favorite places to dig in a record store. The dollar bins here are organized alphabetically instead of just randomly tossed in boxes like most other shops, and there's like 20+ crates of 'em. You could spend days just in the dollar bins alone.

The icing on the cake for me was in the very back corner of the store--four creates of records marked "Dollar Soul"...and it was jam packed full of great stuff. I filled my bag up with as much as I could carry.

Record City has great organization, both by genre and alphabetical, and every record (excluding the dollar bins of course) is in a protective poly sleeve. I even found my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers album, the George Clinton produced Freaky Styley, on vinyl LP.

Recommended for all vinyl enthusiasts and collectors--and highly recommend for those inclined to dig in the dusty dollar bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP