Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thirsty Moon Records


Thirsty Moon Records was the third record shop I hit in San Diego. I was actually on my way to a different record shop, but I saw a sign that said "Records & CDs" on it so I followed the arrow to a tiny little record shop--possibly the best record shop I've ever been to.

The shop is tiny and they don't have a ton of records, but it seems like every album they have is awesome. As I dug through the soul section, I literally thought "every single one of these is a classic", which is so unusual--typically at any other record store, you dig through tons of crap in hopes of finding a gem. Granted, a lot of that's due to the fact that they carry a lot of reissues, but for listening purposes that's meaningless--bad for hardcore collectors, but otherwise they're great because they're new and fresh and clean.

Thirsty Moon caters to my vinyl music tastes almost perfectly. I love the place!

Highly recommend for vinyl music fans who like Soul, Funk, Reggae, Jazz, Psychedelic, Punk, Garage, and even some Metal--but not necessarily for hardcore vinyl collectors looking for original pressings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP